Jobs and Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is all about how you promote or make visibility about the brand marketing strategies by using the online channels in the market. Digital Marketing is a vast platform for marketing. Using the electronic medium, businesses these days are now able to target the customers based on their products or services.
These businesses can target their audiences based on demographics, age, and interests. The eventual goal is to improved sales for the business, and digital marketing is the most proficient manner for attaining this aim. Due to this, there comes the opportunity in digital marketing to work on different types of digital marketing like creating or developing websites, running campaigns, social media marketing, email marketing, SEO, SEM, content writing, content editing, display advertisements, video ads, web analytics, etc.
In today’s world whenever we listen to the word digital marketing, we all consider ourselves that we know what kind of reality digital marketing is. This consideration at times limits the possibility and opportunity that the entire Digital Marketing landscape can truly propose. This is why, when it comes to nailing digital marketing down, we either turn speechless or get trapped.
To come out of such scenarios, it is very essential to recognize the unusual types of Digital Marketing opportunities that are obtainable to your business as digital marketing plays an important role for your business.
In the world of digital marketing, the Prime Minister of India has come up with the idea of making India as Digital India. This step taken by the Prime Minister has acted as a promotional campaign for digital marketing which resulted in many more job opportunities for fresher as well to a great point.
Apart from the organizations who are into digital marketing, there are digital marketing agency like DigiMac Technologies who are providing digital marketing solutions on one hand and are providing the job opportunities in digital marketing on the other. Let’s discuss the topics stated earlier, one by one including the career opportunities related to and how one can land a job by these opportunities.
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): When we are talking about SEO, there are two categories that fall under it. Off-Page SEO and On-Page SEO. Basically SEO is the process of increasing the quality traffic to your website and it can be done only when the visibility of the website is quite good. SEO is the process of improvement in organic traffic or unpaid traffic. Image searches, Video searches are two other types of searches that are being performed in SEO. Many of the businesses in cities are looking for SEO services to boost up their business websites. Suppose if any business owner is looking for SEO services in Delhi, then he/she can easily find the top SEO company in Delhi by using their search engine.
Apart from off-page and on-page SEO, there are two other techniques that fall into it. These are the White Hat Technique and Black Hat Technique. White Hat SEO: As the name refers, this is the most justifiable practice to get higher rankings in the search engine result pages.
This practice strictly follows the guidelines for SEO designed by Google. Publishing quality content on the website, HTML optimization and restructuring of the website, link acquisition campaigns are the most frequently practiced techniques that are used in white hat SEO. The guidelines provided by Google and Google’s algorithms aren’t followed in Black Hat SEO and are considered as illegitimate. To rank higher in the search engine result, black hat SEO uses the practices in finding the weakness and loopholes in the algorithm of Google.
The users are being misled and redirected to the sites that they didn’t vouch for, which is the technique that Black Hat SEO uses. Spam links, hidden text, and links, keyword stuffing, cloaking are the main techniques that Black Hat SEO includes. The opportunities affiliated with SEO are SEO Trainee, SEO Executive, SEO Specialist/Analyst, SEO Consultant, and SEO Trainer.
2. Social Media Marketing: Social Media plays an important role for business growth. The use of promoting any product or services on social media platforms and websites comes under Social Media Marketing. Using Social Media, one can gain traffic as well by creating a link that lands on the website. Basically, a marketing tool that utilizes social networking websites as marketing.
Before going for social media marketing one should take care of the goal behind. What are the goals for getting into social web involvement? Do you want to build a relationship with your clients and want to gain their trust in order to boost loyalty?
One should always evaluate the resources that who is going to create the content and maintain a social media account including the responses on the websites. A major strategy that is used in social media is to create content which an individual user shares with their family, friends, and colleagues. As social media can be beneficial on one hand, it can create obstacles on the other hand. Marketers create content which is designed in such a way that it goes viral among the users.
3. Content Writer: An individual who has a specialization in providing the content for the websites. It is not necessary that a content writer should belong to an organization. A freelancer can work as a content writer as well. There are websites available that accept blogs from the users as well in order to attract more traffic. The only condition applied with it is that the content should be relevant to the website it is posted on.
4. Website Designing: When talking about digital marketing, a website is the one and only important thing that is mandatory as whenever you are running ads or campaigns, the customer will land to your product only on a webpage which is a part of a website. Creating a Website is now categorized into two parts, using the HTML or another coding on one hand and Word Press on the other. Creating a website on word-press can be done by an individual who doesn’t have the coding language.
The salary of website designer and website developer varies but not that much.
There are themes available which can be downloaded as per the client’s business. Be it an e-commerce or blogging or any other department or service. If a person has the capacity to design a website from scratch and maintain it in such a way which is noticed by the user. Website design consists of planning, creating, structuring and updating the websites. This clearly means that the designer needs to choose the relevant specifics like an inviting layout, a splash of colors and the images used in them, creating a user-friendly crossing point for optimum navigation.
5. Mobile Marketing: In the digital marketing world, one of the innovative ways of marketing is mobile marketing. This marketing has become a trend these days for making money online. SMS Marketing, Push Notifications, App-based marketing, In-game Mobile Marketing, QR Codes are multiple ways of mobile marketing.
a) SMS Marketing: SMS marketing is done by short messaging service or SMS.
Earlier the products used to be advertised in this manner till the time digital marketing comes into the picture. Small scale entrepreneurs are using such kind of methods.
b) Push notifications – A message that can be viewed in a single tap when it pops on the mobile or tablet screen of the viewer.
This methodology was first introduced by Apple in 2009 and then in 2013, it was later replaced by Google cloud messaging service.
c) App-based marketing – Mobile app development is now one of the beneficial way to make money through digital marketing.
In digital marketing, app-based marketing is the recent trend which is noticed. In the app store responsibilities of the developers is to gain the maximum visibility of the product.
d) In-game mobile marketing – A lot of pop up ads in the game are seen when playing an online game. Once the user clicks on these pop up ads, they are redirected to the third party website where they are urged to buy or download the app or game.
QR Codes – The user can access the product easily without the hassle free site navigation once these QR codes are scanned by the mobile as the URL automatically redirect them to the browser’s tab.
6. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is that digital marketing which is based on the weight of one’s recommendation and based on one to one recommendations, if you recommend a product to your friend and then that individual uses the link shared by you to purchase the product. Then only you would be earning or making a commission out of that sale. This is called affiliate marketing.
Many online e-commerce companies have successful affiliate marketing programs which is also called referral marketing. In affiliate marketing, one can put a tie-up with a company for a referral link and this is how to earn money by digital marketing to sell its goods through the generated referral link and make a commission for every single product sold by your link.
Conclusion: Jobs and career opportunities in Digital Marketing has a vast scope. It doesn’t matter if you are a fresher or an experienced individual seeking a job in this field. If you have the knowledge of the tools and the topics, you can grab an opportunity any time anywhere. Even you can start working as a successful freelancer in digital marketing if you have a good knowledge but make sure that you pick the projects based on your niche. Digital Marketing is not just a fashion these days, but going forward, how marketing will be done. Going digital will be a lot more affordable than traditional techniques in the coming days as well.
Since digital marketing has various options and strategies allied with it, one can get creative and can try out with a variety of marketing campaigns on a budget. One can also use tools like analytics dashboards to observe the achievement and ROI of your campaigns with the help of digital marketing more than one could perform with traditional promotional content.